Sunday, August 14, 2011

Weekend Baking

Tomorrow will be my parents 36th wedding anniversary. Sounds like a good excuse to do some baking, right? No need to get all fancy with the packaging when it is for your parents :)

I don't do pie. I wish I did. I wish I could make an awesome pie. It's just not in me. I had a refrigerated pie crust that needed to be used up so I attempted to make a Chocolate Chess Pie. Interesting, to say the least.
I also made some Rocky Road Peanut Butter Candy Cups. Ah.Maze.Ing. The perfect mix of crunchy, salty, peanut butter, chocolate, gooey, crunchy. So yummy!

My mom is one of the few people I know that does not like the chocolate/peanut butter combo. For her I made some Oreo brownies. Each cupcake wrapper has a whole Oreo on the bottom, brownie batter with chopped up Oreos, and (not pictured) vanilla frosting with chopped up Oreos mixed in. Yum!

I saw these on a blog this weekend and knew I needed to make them! Not your basic Rice Krispies. These have peanut butter mixed into the marshmallow goo and the peanut butter cups on the top. Also very yummy!

I love baking for family because the pressure to impress isn't there and (let's be honest) I leave a bit behind for my little family to enjoy! Happy Anniversary mom and dad!

No comments:

Post a Comment